Artists and festivalgoers triumphant at FTA 2017
Montreal, June 9, 2017 – It was in that joyous mood that festivalgoers, artists and the organizers of the FTA crossed the finish line of the 11th edition of the Festival TransAmériques, which took place from May 25 to June 8, 2017. For 15 days, dance and theatre rocked the city as the best of contemporary performing arts from around the world presented in 21 Montreal venues stimulated and astounded audiences. Spectators snapped up tickets with enthusiastic vigour, and this year’s attendance rate reached 96%, a new record, with 15 of the 24 shows sold out, and 74 out of 85 performances fully booked.
2017 Facts and Figures
- 85 performances of 26 shows from 10 countries
(Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Germany, France, Japan, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland);
- 10 co-productions;
- 11 new works created in 2017, including 9 world premières;
- 11 North American premières;
- 73 activities in the FTA Playgrounds;
- 2184 overnight stays directly generated by Festival activities;
- 230 artists from 24 countries
(Austria, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Japan,
Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, USA);
- 130 presenters and festival programmers from 25 countries
(Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, England Finland, France, Germany, Haiti, Ireland, Iceland,
Japan, Martinique, Mexico, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, USA, Wales);
- 131 accredited journalists, including 13 from outside Quebec
(Belgium, Canada, England, France).
The 12th edition will take place from May 23 to June 6, 2018.