Health Protection Measures for a Safe Festival
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, the FTA is making every effort to ensure the health and safety of the festivalgoers, artists and cultural workers taking part in its 15th edition.
To that end, the FTA is committed to complying with the health and safety measures applicable to the performing arts as decreed by the Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CNESST), as well as the measures in force at the various Festival venues.
For your safety and security
• Rigorous disinfection measures have been put in place and the frequency of cleaning toilets, tables, door handles and other sensitive surfaces has been increased.
• Signs have been posted indicating the various instructions visitors are to follow.
• A distance of 2 metres has been established on both sides of your seat(s).
• Shows are presented without an intermission to keep movement and possible contact to a minimum.
Arriving at the venue
• Please arrive between 30 and 45 minutes before the performance begins (specific details for each show will be sent by e-mail) in order to limit crowding. No latecomers will be admitted.
• We ask that members of a social or family bubble (and therefore sitting side by side) arrive at the same time and check in together.
• We recommend that you prepare your electronic or printed ticket before you arrive.
• Please keep a distance of two metres from other spectators and comply with the regulations applicable in the performance venues.
• You might be asked to answer questions about your medical condition by staff in the venue lobby.
• As we are unable to distribute an evening program, please visit our website for performance information, the names of those involved in each show, and interviews with the artists.
Medical Masks must be worn at all times
• A medical mask (procedural or surgical) must be worn to enter the theatre and throughout the performance.
• Fabric or cloth face masks are not allowed in the venues.
• Medical masks will be available upon entering the venue.
Proper respiratory etiquette at all times
• Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, and use tissues or your bent elbow.
• Use single-use tissues and immediately afterward drop them in the trash bin.
• Do not touch your mouth, nose or eyes with your hands, whether wearing gloves or not.
• Spectators are asked to wash their hands upon entering the venue. Stations providing at least 60% hydro-alcoholic solutions will be available in the lobby.
In case of symptoms
If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with a person diagnosed with this virus, please do not attend the show. In such an event, we recommend that you contact the FTA box office.
If you experience Covid-like symptoms while at the FTA venue, please report that information to staff immediately.
Spectators must comply with the measures in force at the various venues. In the event of non-compliance with health measures or behaviour that puts the health of other spectators, artists or workers at risk, the FTA reserves the right to demand that the offender leave the premises. In that case, tickets will not be exchanged or refunded, and no monetary compensation will be given.